The position is to be filled as soon as possible with an initial contract duration until 30 June 2017 and the possibility of extension until 2019. Employment location will be Zwedru, Liberia. Duty trips will be required.
Job objectives and tasks
- As expert (m/f) for technical and social issues, you will support and advise the head of project with the construction and renovation of health facilities in the project region.
- Your most important tasks:
- Design and draft BoQ, tendering of health care facilities and pre-selection of contractor
- Provide technical support to a team of national civil engineers
Support the Welthungerhilfe team of civil engineers during the monitoring of the construction and develop technical solutions
- Develop a maintenance manual and training module
- Ensure the quality verification of the construction activities
- Monitor reports such as monthly progress reports
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders such as the Ministry of Public Works
As a qualified applicant, you possess:
- A university/university of applied sciences degree in civil engineering or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
- Several years of project experience in civil engineering for international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region
- Experience in the construction of health facilities is an advantage
- Knowledge of a design software (AutoCad, Revit, etc.)
- Ability to manage and work in a team
- Good mental and physical resilience and willingness to work in rural areas
- Co-ordination and organisation skills even under heavy work pressure
- A very good oral and written command of English
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your cover letter and CV by e-mail stating the reference number “LBR 13316” to Carolin Möllenbeck (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Welthungerhilfe is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany.
It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries.
If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application.