The position is to be filled as soon as possible with a contract duration of five months.
Aims and duties of the role
- developing PR/visibility material: i.e. publicity brochures, promotional flyers
- ensuring tangibility by identifying and publication good stories and respective publication (internal as well as external)
- elaborating relevant project information material for media and for donor relations
- managing the internal Welthungerhilfe Nepal O365 Landing Page and internal Welthungerhilfe Blog within Office 365 and updating/maintenance of project / administration lists and documents,
- contributing to Welthungerhilfe storytelling, in-house magazines, articles, etc.
- managing the Welthungerhilfe Country Office Facebook-Page,
- supporting the team in organizing and managing visitors from Germany: journalists, key donors, including donors from the Government, the corporate sector, foundations and philanthropists,
- supporting in organizing public relations and internal events such as conferences/workshops/seminars/ donor visits/HQ visits/journalists,
- identifying national, regional and international opportunities & events for Welthungerhilfe promotion, maintaining calendar of upcoming PR events (in accordance with events at project sites),
- setting up a media contact database, a mailing lists, photo archive,
- supporting the Programme Coordinator (PC) and the Programme Managers on request, especially in final editing of donor reports, proposal development, studies and evaluations
As a qualified applicant you
- are currently enrolled or recently graduated from a polytechnic or university, preferably in the field of public relations / communications
- already gained some experience in the field of communications and / or development cooperation
- possess excellent communication skills
- are motivated to work in an international context
- fluency in Englisch (oral and hand written)
- fluency in German (oral and hand written)
Please send a covering letter and CV via email to Martina Purwins, stating the reference “Intern Nepal” (email@example.com). We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Welthungerhilfe is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany.
It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries.
If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application.