As an intern in one of our units or Regional Desks over a maximum period of three months, you will become familiar with a section of our diverse areas of activities and what a typical workday will look like following the completion of your education.
Interested in applying for an internship?
Please obtain more information on our current internships and apply directly using the relevant code number. The number of internships within our organisation is limited to warrant the best possible support. Even if you don't find what you are looking for, we recommend that you visit our homepage on a regular basis, as internships often become available on very short notice.
If you are not able to find an internship (that appeals to you), you can also send us a general application to email@example.com.
In principle, it is possible to complete an internship in all units and Regional Desks of our organisation. If we are interested in your application and motivation, we will review possible internships within our organisation. To this end, it is helpful if you can provide information about your preferences (unit, duration etc.).
Students from various fields of study have already completed an internship with our organisation:
- A geography student worked on a country concept for Madagascar at the Regional Desk for West and Central Africa.
- Another student assists with the project "50 Years Welthungerhilfe" in the marketing area.
- And another geography student provided assistance in researching the possible effects of climate change in Tajikistan at the Asia Regional Desk.
- A student of law participated in the politics and foreign relations unit in preparing a position paper on the topic "Social and economic development in rural areas"
- Welthungerhilfe only offers internships for registered students, apprentices completing their training or participants of a recognised continuing education institution.
- Internships are limited to a maximum period of three months, with working hours ranging from 30 hours/week (obligatory internship) or 20 hours/week (voluntary internship), in order to provide further qualifications in line with the current education programme.
- As an intern, we will provide you with a mentor and reimbursement for expenses of EUR 200 or EUR 300 per month, depending on the work scope.
- As an intern, you will also receive an internship certificate.
The internships follow the quality standards of the fairwork rating, which supports fair working conditions for recent graduates.
Welthungerhilfe's family-friendly personnel policy has been awarded the “Career and Family Audit” certificate.